Boy or girl determined by morning sickness

I have heard that if you don't have mroning sickness then you will have a boy and if you do have morning sickenss you will have a girl. Is there really any truth to that??

Ashley.herzing

Asked by Ashley.herzing at 3:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• theres really no way to tell. i've heard it told both ways, and i'm having a boy and i got bad morning sickness. it's really just a 50/50 guess!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I don't really think its true although...I didn't have any morning sickness with either one of my boys. My sister didn't have it with her son but did with her daughter
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I couldn't move w/o gettin sick with this baby (its a boy), w/ my daughter, I hardly evr got sick.
    iheartkewi

Answer by iheartkewi at 3:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I had no morning sickness with my boy and lots of morning sickness with my girl. I don't think it proves or disproves anything though, it's just a coincidence.
    Anonymous

• It's just yet another of many old wives tales. I was sick as a dog with all of my pregnancies, didn't matter if it was a girl or a boy. You can't tell by if you are sick, whether you carry high or low, or anything else like that. It's like the whole heartburn and hair connection..... pure silliness. I had horrid heartburn with all my kids and they were all baldies when they were born. ;)
    bkbecca

Answer by bkbecca at 3:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I had absolutely NO morning sickness, and I am having a girl.
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• the opposite was true for me. With my daughter I wasn't that bad. With my son I threw up everyday for 9 mo!
    mom-x-2

Answer by mom-x-2 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I heard there could be truth to it due to the fact that a female baby will have female hormores that can affect the mother. I had morning sickness my entire pregnancy and shes a girl!
    Anonymous

• I had morning sickness with all three. I have two girls and am expecting a boy.
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I think that is just an Old Wives' Tale. I was sooo sick and I had a boy.
    RachelGuz

Answer by RachelGuz at 4:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2008