Do your children?

Have a specific bedtime? If so what are their ages and what time? Do you allow them to stay up later on Friday and Saturday nights?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:40 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• All my kids are in bed by 8 every night :) On the weekends, I allow a SMALL deviation, but not much- it messes up their routines, and they are usually tired by bedtime anyway.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:44 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes, some of my children have bedtimes. Some - once out of HS - no more bedtimes. My youngest son is 13 yrs old and has a 9:30 bedtime. My daughter is 16 and has a 10pm bedtime, but usually goes to bed on her own between 8:30-9:30 - when she gets tired she goes to bed. These are school night bedtimes. Weekend bedtimes are more flexible and summer bedtimes are extremely variable.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:48 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My son is two and goes to bed at 9-9:30.
    My daughter is one and goes to bed at 8-8:30.
    My second son is two weeks old and goes down for the night (except for a wakeup at 4:30-5:00 am) at midnight.

These times are specifically scheduled based on my children. We've gone through a lot of bedtimes as they grow older depending on their daily habits and requirements for sleep. These times have been in place for many months now and it seems to be working.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:56 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My 2 yo and 7 month old go to bed at 7:30 every night - occasionally on Friday night we'll let my 2 yo stay up until 8.
    My 9, 11, and 13 yo's go to bed at 8:30 pm but are allowed to read until 9 on weeknights. On Fri and Sat they can stay up until usually 10, sometimes 11 if we're watching a movie and it runs over.

Answer by missanc at 9:42 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• alex is 7, he has to prep for bed at 7, be in bed by 8. he does not have to be quiet just in bed with the lights out. on Friday and Saturday we usually let him stay up till he is tired enough to want to go to bed on his own(about 10pm)

Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 9:43 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Our 14 yr old has a 9:30 bedtime Mon-Thurs

Our 7, and 8 yr old are 8pm Mon- Thurs

Friday and Saturday nights it depends on what we have planned for the weekend, if we're going to be at home then they can stay up until about 11pm if we're watching movies, if not then it's 10 pm for the 7 and 8 yr old, and 11pm for our 14 yr old.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:47 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• my 8 yr old goes to bed at 830 on school nights, and on the weekends i let him stay up until 930, my 16 yr old really doesnt have a bedtime, but he does go to bed around 10
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:48 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes mine are on a strict schedule. My rule of thumb is no later then 8:00 they must be in their rooms relaxing. My husband jokes. I turn off the lights, close up the kitchen, lock the doors at 8pm. He says the house & mommy are closed for the night lol. I dont care if they watch some TV or read in their rooms by 9-10 depending on age I check and they should be asleep. My 6 yr old gets put down to relax at 7:30, is asleep usually by 8pm. My 10 yr old is expected asleep by 9pm. Teens by 10pm/

Answer by gemgem at 9:52 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My children a 3, 5, & 7 Bedtime is 8pm Monday - Thursday... Friday & Saturday They all go to bed at 11pm
    diamondsky

Answer by diamondsky at 9:57 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Well my children are older, 11 and 17. The 17 year old doesn't have a bedtime. On the week days my daughter (11) needs to be in bed by 9. Weekends I don't really care. When the were little it was different. My kids shared a room till my youngest was 3. When she was a baby I would put her to bed at 7pm so that way she would be asleep by the time my son went to bed at 8.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:58 AM on Feb. 28, 2011