3 kids--last three to four weeks one sick kid after another. Doctor says just a bug and not to worry. Besides spraying and washing stuff anything else I can do?

I am about to pull my hair out with one sick kid after another for the last 3 to 4 weeks and doctor just says a bug. I know I can see what happens at school but anything I can do here a home besides spraying, washing, watching what they eat, hand santizer. Is anyone else having the same problem and how long till everyone is better again. I know early but parents come next month and only see them twice a year and have to get everyone better. Help..

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 10:07 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Health

• Yeah I went through it. This year luckily (maybe?) we all got it at once. My best friend wasnt as lucky. She is still fighting it. We all had the flu and it lasted 2 weeks atleast in each of us. All you can do is keep everything as sanitized as you can. The schools are awful about germs and everything. There was even talk about closing our school because so many were sick.

Answer by gemgem at 10:10 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• That's all well and good but you should try upping their immune systems; then it won't matter much what they come into contact with.

Rest, healthy foods, cut out junk, probiotics and/or yogurt, vitamins (particularly vitamin D) should all help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Just let it run it's course. It's common. Your kids immune systems are getting stronger by the "bug". Airing out the house can help. Best of luck and i hope everyone starts feeling better soon!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:14 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• You are doing what everyone is doing with "This" bug going around...
    It can be nutty... I only have one (10), but it takes him 2 weeks of on again
    and off again bug type sickness... he's sick, misses school, he's fine, goes back
    to school then he's sick again... ugh....
    And all you smell around here is disinfecting cleaners, and my hear my washing
    machine on over time...
    I have found my best defense is to actually open some windows to let some outside
    fresh air in...
    Good Luck and I hope the kids feel better soon
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:14 AM on Feb. 28, 2011