Would This Annoy You??!!

So I was "best friends" with this girl for nearly 4 years. I got married and moved to another town. We talk from time to time, but I never see her all that much anymore.

The whole time we were friends she would constantly compare herself to me. She would say things like "oh you look so good, I wanna look like you" Or I would wear something, and she would ask to borrow the outfit I was wearing. I let her borrow everything of mine. Perfume, clothes, shoes, whatever she wanted. And never got anything back. She started doing her makeup like me and everything. She would always tell me "i couldnt be friends with you if you were ugly" Yeah, she was like that. The first night I met my ex boyfriend, she told him he should not get involved with me bc "I was a real big mess" bc I had two kids, and a dead beat babby daddy. Her plan to sabotage me failed bc my ex and I began dating. Then One day "my friend" and I went out to eat with my husband, and it was almost 2 months into mine and dh's relationship, and this was his first time meeting her. Well we walk in, and the guys inside turn their heads and begin staring, She just out loud says "Oh God guys, your staring at me like Im a piece of steak, suck your tongues back in!" My dh looked at me, then I looked at him, I was shocked she was actually saying that! Then she was bragging how she was going to be a pharmacist, and how her father is a doctor and her mother a nurse, blah blah blah. Not a good first impression obviously.I felt flattered at first with her constant compliments, but now Im a bit annoyed.

My mother saw her at the store yesterday, and mom asks her how her and her hubby were doing, and she said good and then she comes out with "oh did you see my new ring Kevin got me??!!" She shows my mother, and its nearly identical to MY wedding ring!!! She always tried my ring on, and told me how pretty it was, and she ran out and got the same (nearly) ring as mine! Then mom says "yeah she's babysitting now, making 450 a week" Then she says "Oh Im going to start babysitting too!!"Im really annoyed with this chick.

I mean im not close to her that much, but why cant she be her OWN person?? UGhhhhhhh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes I would be annoyed.  I have a friend who says "oh I do that just like you" and then when I see her doing whatever it is, I'm like wait a second, that is not what I do at all, lol.  I would just laugh and move on.  You know who you are, feel proud that someone wants to be like you.  I can understand the frustration though.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• yeah she sounds kinda messed up. I would end the friendship with her because it seems like she will just keep doing this kind of thing.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:23 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• that's... kind of creepy. i'd suggest cutting all ties with her. take a break from her for a lotta bit.

hopefully she doesn't become all stalker-ish. O__o *lock your doors & block her from facebook*
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 10:27 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• yes i would be annoyed. i would do something stupid to see if she would copy and then just laugh at her. but that is me:)
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• she sounds obsessed with you! break her obsession. just cut her off. i mean really how much would it effect you if you did?
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• A little too Single White Female for me. Its flattering that she thinks so highly of you, but to copy you to that extent is creepy.
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Sounds like you don't benefit from the friendship so I would go ahead and end it.
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2011