I'm not sure how to approach this.

If any of you have watched the show Shameless you would know that it can be sexually graphic at points. Well I watch the show all of the time, and I had it autotuned for Sunday at 10. The way we had our TVs set up was whatever I watched in my room my daughter also had to watch in her room. She usually watched her DVDs but this one night I let her watch TV. The autotune apparently messed up because it can on on Monday at 9 when my daughter just so happened to be watching the TV. When I came upstairs I was hoping there was no sex scene in the few minutes she had seen it, but just my luck there was. It wasn't incredibly graphic but it was enough for her to see the act. How exactly should I approach this? How should I explain to a four year old what that was?

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Disable this on all tvs. The chance that she will see it is not worth it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:32 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• We ended up switching our providers anyway so I won't have this problem again
    iluvmm09

Comment by iluvmm09 (original poster) at 10:33 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• That's funny.  I was watching this same show just the other night (on demand).  My kids were suppose to be asleep but my 3 year old had snuck back in the living room and was laying on the side of the couch out of view.  Neither me or my hub seen or heard her period!  I put her back to bed and pretended like it was no big deal.  I wouldn't approach it if she doesn't ask about it.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I wouldn't say anything to her because she may have not of noticed too much and by you saying something to her its bringing it to her attention.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I watch rescue me on netflix, love the series, well i was at my best friends house and it was the cock ring episode where franco gets on stuck on his cock, my son was upstairs playing in his room there, he comes bounding down the steps hey mom" and stops and looks before i had a chance to pause it. I just did not say a thing to him about it i was like yes baby? he wanted a snack..he hasn't brought it up and well i am not going to answer questions he doesn't ask lol.
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 10:40 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• You are fighting each other for her father and your husband. It would be best if you could work this out.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:40 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I would not bring it up or mention anything about it unless she brings it up. Then I would be like 'oops looks like the tv goofed up and showed a grown ups show'.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:44 AM on Feb. 28, 2011