Bed wetting

my daughter is 3, and has been potty trained for a year with no problems. just recently (within the past 2 weeks) every night she pees the bed. we cut her off from drinking at 7pm to see if that helps, and still if she is not woken up every 2 hours, she wakes me up saying she is wet. is there anything i can do to stop this? does it mean something might be wrong?

emmalouwho

Asked by emmalouwho at 10:52 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my 8 yr old had a problem for awhile and my doctor said to limit the drinks after 6 pm, and when you lay her down have her go to the bathroon, and then in 15 min get her up (because she probally isn't asleep yet anyway) and have her go again. this worked really good for my son.
    your daughter is still realy young, if your worried you might want to take her in and see what the dr says.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• there is a lot of info out there about this - it's called eurenisis (youreneesis) or something like that. My boys (twins) are 6 and still do wet the bed - even with cutting out liquids and getting them up to pee in the night - it's common for kids and can last until their pre-teens, there are meds you can stick a kid on (not a favorable option in my opinion, but thats me). Instead of stressing I shell out the cash for rubber sheets and pull ups. Its not a laziness issue and it's not a defiance issue, they just can't control it.
    JusaLady

Answer by JusaLady at 11:13 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• She still young. use the pull up for night time.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 6:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2011