Would you take care of a relatives kids if they named you in the will?

Say there are 3 children whose ages range from 5 to 12.

Bugzmomma

Asked by Bugzmomma at 11:08 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldl have too if it meant they would go into foster care. it would be a hard adjustment but with time and patience i think it could be done and i would be happy to do it.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 11:10 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I would not even consider saying no.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:10 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes, the parents obviously thought the children would be in good hands with you, and it's better that they stay within the family than going into a foster home situation.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 11:10 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• This question has come up in my own family. Honestly, we have the financial means to take on our neices and nephews BUT I would only be willing to take on my niece (my side of the family); I would not be willing to take on my husband's neices/nephews for reasons too numerous to mention here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes. We are named to take our niece and nephew should their parents pass.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:11 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I sure would hope that I had prior knowledge that they were leaving me their kids should something happen. But either way, I definitely would.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:11 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Absolutely without a second thought.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:15 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My hubs 3 nephews all have children (1 boy and 4 girls total), and 1 of his nieces has children (1 boy, 1 girl). I would take any or all of the nephew's children in a heartbeat! All of the nephew's children are sweet, behaved and a joy to be around. The niece's 2 kids I would refuse to take- as they are wild, unkept bratty little hellions and I would let their piece of shit father's family have them!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:16 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes I would. However it's unlikely that it would happen, too many other family members to choose from, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes of course I would. I would think if this was the case I would have known before I was chosen and why.

Answer by gemgem at 11:20 AM on Feb. 28, 2011