How long until Zantac starts to work?

My 3 month was just put on Zantac and I was wondering how long it took for it to take effect and how well it worked for the fussyness

Kaitlyn247

Asked by Kaitlyn247 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine started on Zantac in the NICU after her esophogeal surgery. They ended up switching her to liquid prevacid, she gets 1/2 a tsp once a day. You'll notice it help your baby in a few days if its working. They also have those over the counter drops you can get in Walmart and such. My daycare provider taught me to put a few drops in her bottle- it kills the bubbles. I dont really use the drops anymore, just her meds. Good luck.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 3:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• The Zantac never worked for my baby. She was switched to Prevacid and it worked pretty much immediately.
    AliMom714

Answer by AliMom714 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• It took a few days to a week before it worked for our son.
    DianalovesRich

Answer by DianalovesRich at 5:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• My daughter has been on it for abouth 4 months now, if i remember correctly it took a few weeks for me to really see a difference. Good luck!
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 8:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2008