I think the salt water made it worse

I garguled with salt water and at the moment it felt like my throat was getting better. But it being 10min later-it seems like it made it worse. ahh! it hurts to talk and swallow. Anyone try anything and it worked for more than 5min?

Allergies here in MI SUCK! the weather is 40-50 one day, then 10 the next...cant handle it.

JaydnsMom22

Asked by JaydnsMom22 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Health

• Warm tea with honey and lemon. Salt water never helped me either.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Did you use warm water with a teaspoon of salt? You just have to keep doing it. Or use Listerine and use often that will kill the infection you might have in your throat and suck on some cloriseptic lonzenes helps to keep your throat moist or suck on peppermints. Hope you feel better.GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Feel your pain momma :) Im in Michigan too! Your throat probably got dried out from the salt water gargle. Is this a post nasal drip sore throat or do you have this raging flu going around or is this strep? If its post nasal from the barametric pressure going crazy in MIchigan you need something to dry up your sinus. This will help the sore throat :).
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I got the sore throat before I got any other symptom mistynights234- but i guess now it could be considered post nasal drip-I def dont have the flu! oh gosh. that would suck. and I dont think its strep..ive only had it for 2days now..
    JaydnsMom22

Comment by JaydnsMom22 (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Feb. 28, 2011