I think he is emotionally abusing me....

My husband gets stressed, and when he does, he snapps at me, and the other night we drank a couple (2 drinks each) and he asked I log onto FB. So I did, I accepted a friends request from a guy from HS, I never knew him, I just remebered his face, and so I added him. DH got sooo pissed off, and called me a bitch, and told me I was emotionally cheating, and that I could be with that guy. I dont even know him! I just simply clicked "accept". I agree it was disrespectful, but if I thought I was doing something so terrible, I wouldnt have showed him...!!!
im just really tired of him not trusting me, and then the ways he gets when he snapps.... I love him, but the treatment is ridiculous. I have told him how I felt, and he TRIES not to snap, but its like he says sorry almost everyday..... I told him, "babe, do you love me??, It doesnt seem like it when you treat me this way" he then says " If I didnt love you, it wouldnt hurt so bad"..........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• That sounds like emotional abuse to me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• It might be a good idea for him to get into some type of anger management or counseling to work on changing his behaviors. Couples counseling might be a good idea as well.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:19 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Sounds like he might be. So now what?

Answer by gemgem at 11:27 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• im not sure whats next, he said he will take anger management classes, but has yet to do so.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• its not long before emotional turns into physical. demand counseling or leave. And fyi, u weren't being disrespectful...did he brainwash u to think you were, cause you werent
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:33 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• he sounds like he has control issues so he's probably pretty insecure. mine's the same way and it's ruined our relationship.
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 11:34 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• & thats why I don't add anyone on FB that I really could careless about. I only add folks that I'd like to "keep up" with.

No I don't think he is emotionally absuing you. He might be hurt from a prevoius relationship and just doesn't know how to deal. I say sit down & TALK about it. Not screaming & not commenting things that hit below the belt. Just TALK!

GL
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 11:34 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• sounds like my hubby, he does the same thing to me and it gets old after a while, i just deal with it no matter how much I hate it
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Does he realize that the biggest risk to your marriage is staring him right in the mirror? HE is the biggest risk, not some barely-remembered classmate. (By the way, there was no disrespect in accepting the friend request. Disrespect would have been going and DATING the guy next.)

He NEEDS to take the anger management class. Set him a deadline... take it by March 31 or you're out.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:38 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• im not sure whats next, he said he will take anger management classes, but has yet to do so. His ex cheated on him with his co-worker, and i told him that Im NOT his ex, that I would never do anything to hurt him....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:44 AM on Feb. 28, 2011