i have a problem

so i have been friends with this girls for 5 yrs and we were close. she saw me have my baby and vice versa. well april 2007 i let her borrow $150 back then it was nothing to me well now i need my money and ive asked her several time and she says yeah ok ill pay you. she makes good money now at her job she just got a raise last month. anyways its really annoying me cuz i really need my money. what is a nice way to tell her i want my money and now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• i would just say hey i need to get the $150 i lent you cause i'm in desperate need of that money now. when can i get that from you?, would tonight work at this time. try to get these questions out before she interrupts you and if she says no try to say how about tomorrow i can meet at you job at lunch etc etc.

i heard a cd that when you set an apt and time and they agree to it that they find it harder to back out. the cd was called how to get your way and never be walked on again. so hopefully this tip will work. good luck.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Say it again the same way only include that you are despretley needing the money now! If she delays after you express the need to her...then she's really thoughtless IMO
    Anonymous

• Just tell her how important it is that you need it. But don't let this ruin your friendship..Maybe she can't give you the full amount right now..Ask for a little at a time if she can't give it all..Atleast you get your money back
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• OP i have been telling her since september and last month she said she would pay me all of it since she had enough money. but she just went a got proffesional pictures of her and her son but cant pay me back. and we know those arent cheap especially where i come from. and i have told her its ok that she can send me a little at a time but its like she trying to get out of it.
    Anonymous

• To me, sounds like there might be some drama to come...and rightfully so...I sincerely doubt she forgot that you need your money back, if that was me my top priority to my friend would be to pay her back ESPECIALLY if she is in need! All you can really do is express your thoughts to her and don't let her think its just a friendly reminder. Its one of those look into your eyes stop her from multi tasking an have a serious talk. I hope she does the honorable thing!
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 3:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I've been in this situation. My DH lent a girlfriend and her mom $500 to pay their rent because they and her kids were facing eviction. To this day, she hasn't paid him back much less even offered. We've seen her and her mom and still no mention of it on their part. Bottom line, she was obviously never really a friend to begin with. And even though it might sound cold, would I EVER LOAN HER another penny, NO. NO MATTER WHAT her reason(s) may be. TOO BAD!!!

Anonymous

• Or if you should lend her money again, which it doesn't sound as if she'd need it since she makes enough, as you said, then realize it isn't a loan but a gift. If you are willing to give her a gift then OK. She doesn't sound like a friend to me. It sounds as though she either just used you or that the friendship has changed and she has moved on.

Answer by Bmat at 3:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Ask her if she ever intends on paying you back. If she says yes, tell her you'll go to the ready teller to get it with her. If she continues to avoid paying you or has excuses I would say cut off the friendship then and there. And it sounds like she took advantage of you.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I think you've just learned a valuable lesson, NEVER LEND MONEY TO A FRIEND IF YOU ACTUALLY EXPECT TO GET IT BACK. You also learned that she isn't a real friend.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• OP yes i do feel like i have been taken advantage of and i hope she pays me back. that was the first and last time i will ever let anyone borrow money. i guess she really wasnt my friend to begin with . well thank you ladies for answering i appreciate it
    Anonymous