• In the Spotlight:

5 yr old being picked on.

My son got home from school and asked me why God didn't love him like he loved the other children, apparently a little boy has been saying that to him and has also been hitting him and pushing him. Should I go in and tell the teacher about this? His twin brother is in the same class but they don't really get on with the same little boys, but his twin brother says that he hasn't seen him being picked on. BUT I'm considering the fact that maybe he's just protecting the bully. Would you go into the school and talk to the teacher about it or wait and see how it turns out or is not a big deal at all? Thanks.

haleykarson

Asked by haleykarson at 3:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would def talk to the teacher..
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Talk to the Teacher But this is my reason for wanting to Homeschool. I feel so bad for children who have to suffer and be tortured at school. They have such a hard time with insecurity and confidence and homeschooling provides them to never see this or feel that and by the time they are 18 and ready for the world maturity has already taken place and I dont have to worry about that nonsense. Im sorry Your child is going through this. GOd does love him more then anyone could. Reassure him that God is right by his side.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 3:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Talk to the teacher, no child should have to deal with being bullied in anyway. My sons second day of kindergarten he came home upset. I asked him what was wrong and he said he could not play during recess. It turns out that a little girl wouldnt stop chasing him trying to kiss him. So I talk to him about telling the teacher and he did. When parent teacher conferences rolled around I talked to her and she said my son was during a good job about letting her know when others are not nice or bother him.
    so definatly talk to your teacher as well as your son about what to do when this happens
    Anonymous

• I would absolutely talk to the teacher. And if you don't get anywhere, go to the principal.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 6:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Def. email/call/set up an appt. with the teacher. Be sure to ask what steps will be taken, when they will be taken. Follow up on what teacher says she will be doing. If this doesnt work out, contact the principle. Kids can be so mean sometimes :(. I hope this is taken care of swiftly and your son doesnt suffer anymore.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i had a problem like that when my girl was 5(last yr)she told me the girl that was assaigned to sit w/ her on the bus was pinching her and squeezing her arm tightly.it broke my heart,tore me up...i told the bus driver and she didnt have to sit with this bully anymore...we need to stand up for our children,if we dont who will.def say something...and give youre little boy a huge hug and kiss
    lifeisgood176

Answer by lifeisgood176 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2008