Lied to, now what?

So I’ve know this girl since high school right. We aren't like super good friends or anything, but we know each other pretty well right. I added her on my facebook awhile back (like 2 years ago), and she posts a month ago that she is getting married. So I ask her when the day is etc..ask her if I can come, and tell her, if she doesn't want me there, I totally understand. (I really would to..she knows this) She tells me that it's just a "close friends and family thing, a very small wedding party." I accept the answer, only to find clues that it's not just some small wedding. She's inviting everyone but me. I feel hurt, mostly because I was lied to, I would rather her say "I don't feel close enough to invite you, and I already have a lot of people coming."

I don't know what to say to her, I hate being lied to..should I even be her friend anymore?

madamlinwe

Asked by madamlinwe at 11:22 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Id ask her why she felt like she had to lie. I know weddings can be expensive. We had planned a small one and it ended up being bigger then me or dh wanted. His mom kinda took over and hired a wedding planner. I even had to send back my dress for a more formal one because of it. Some of it could be as simple as that if she has someone who took it over. In the end for us we had to pay around $15 a plate for each guest who came to the reception. We did not invite everyone we wanted to because we had to invite family, cousins, friends of our parents and all that. So I would ask her if it was a financial reason. She may have been ashamed to say so.

Answer by gemgem at 11:25 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• If it bothers you then tell her.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:23 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• How do I go about it though? I don't want to be rude and say "so..i see that your wedding really isn't all that small, why did you lie?"
    madamlinwe

Comment by madamlinwe (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• We aren't like super good friends or anything, but we know each other pretty well right.

That says it all. FB friends are not close friends to begin with. Most of the people on my FB are people I know but rarely have anything to do with IRL.
    Also, you asked her if you could come. She did not invite you. You shouldn't be mad unless she invited you and then told you that you couldn't come.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:24 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• i agree with jade. your hurt cause she doesn't think your that close of a friend to her. i would be hurt to but i would have to accept the fact that she feels that way. i can't very well try to force her to see me as a closer friend. that just doesn't happen. just let it go!
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• @jade-maybe that's so for you, but i have know her since high school as well.

I don't care that I wasn't invited, it's the fact that I was lied to about it being a very small wedding and only super close friends being invited that frustrates me. I Don't like being lied to. Ever..

@gem-perhaps so.
    madamlinwe

Comment by madamlinwe (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Feb. 28, 2011