What is the value of praying for our daily bread?

11 Give us this day our daily bread Matthew 6

fordeeperroots

Asked by fordeeperroots at 11:34 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• confused

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• So that you never go hungry. And giving thanks leaves you open to accepting. Think about things you do for other people. When they say thanks you remember and it's easier for you to do more for them. If they don't respond, you don't want to help again. It's the same with yourself. When you give thanks for your meal, you are actually giving thanks that you were able to work (or your SO) and had the health to buy, prepare, and eat the meal.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:46 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• first you need to understand what daily bread means... who is the Bread of Life? Jesus is who is Jesus ? He is the Word... so take your daily bread the word of God and you will not go hungry.. its a spiritual thing :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I often prayed for it--food for my children--when I was a christian. There were too many times when I didn't get it. The concept of god leaves you hungry in more ways than one.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Just like physical food we need spiritual food (God's word) as well.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 1:22 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• To me it means acknowledging God as my Sustainer and Provider. I trust Him daily to provide what He knows I need.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 3:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• For those who are Christians...just an FYI but Jews also give thanks for their daily bread and it has NOTHING to do with Christ, I PROMISE! It's about being thankful for those things that G-d allows us to have in our lives.
    Anonymous