Does anyone know where I can get a grant?

I have been trying to get a personal grant so that I can buy a house and clean up my credit but every website I go to or cd I buy gives me nothing. I am in desperate need of help!!!! HELP!!!!!

kesha263

Asked by kesha263 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Money & Work

• Go to the library and research govt grants. Thats the first step. They usually tell you what requirements are needed for each grant you might qualify for. Send in the paperwork and wait to see if youre approved.
    Anonymous

• I have tried myself to get a grant. I've ordered the CD's and when they come they are completely useless. It's very very hard to get one; I'm going to use the advice and see about going to the library. Good luck, let me know what your research turns up and I will do the same. If we are both looking for the same thing, maybe we can help eachother out!!!!
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Um, have you seen the news? DO NOT buy a house with bad credit. You will get ripped off, if you even get approved. Work on your credit first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I'm not buying a house before I work on my credit. And yes I do watch the news constantly. Part of the reason for the grant is to help work on my credit.
    kesha263

Answer by kesha263 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Even if you get your credit cleaned up...it will still take months if not years for things to be removed. If items are paid off, that's how they will read on a credit report...but it will also still read how long and how much you were behind. Your score will still be low and only on time payments and months of them will improve it.

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 11:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2008