How can I tighten loose stomach skin???

I used to have a very tight, thin stomach. Obviously after my 1st DD it has changed. The skin on my stomach is very loose and wrinkly. I lost all baby weight and got back to 135 lbs after her. Then I got pregnant again 2 yrs later. and same story. my youngest dd is 10 months. and once again im back to 135. My stomach is thin (I always get asked how I look so good after 2 pregnancies) BUT they dont see whats under the shirt. I dont know if it is even possible to tighten the skin but if any of you have done it, how did you do it? I am very self conscious of it. with clothes on Im fine, but I can barely look at myself in the shower or mirror without getting really depressed.

Here are 2 pics. the 1st one Im not tightening my stomach. The 2nd one I am (not sucking in. just tighteing the muscles.)

.

BelloItaliano

Asked by BelloItaliano at 11:43 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• ditto. i don't think there's anything you can do. i am generally kinda skinny/scrawny, but had 3 very large babies and each time gained 60 lbs. though i got back down to my pre-pregnancy weight each time fairly quickly the skin just hangs. i didn't care much (because i've never worn bikinis or anything) until my husband said i needed a tummy tuck (i don't believe in plastic surgery for myself). that made me sad and now i notice it more. i figured he should think i'm hot anyway, but i guess not (even though he's gained a ton since we met and i find that soooo unattractive i would NEVER say it to him!!!!)
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 11:48 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Without seeing a picture, you can do anything, but you are not going to be able to lose that stretched skin.  That requires a tummy tuck.  It's really something that cannot be undone with exercise, because it's not the muscle, it's the skin.   With lipo, you can get the fat under the skin sucked out, but it still won't touch that lose skin. 

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:49 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Wow, Im really sorry. he has to realize he HELPED with it..... I feel for you on that one tho. Especially after the father of my girls (which were both 9.8lbs) left me a week after our youngest was born and has said since "no guy is going to want you after you take your shirt off" Ive always had problems with how I saw myself, even before the girls. But my stomach was always my pride and joy. It was the one piece of my body I felt proud of. But now its the one I wish I didnt even have to see.
    BelloItaliano

Comment by BelloItaliano (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• wow what an awful thing to say. what an ass.
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 12:15 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• It does get better with time. My youngest is 7 now and I had tons of extra skin. I hated to look at myself also... it does not go away completely but it does get better. And please know I have divorced and remarried since then and my husband doesn't even see my problem areas. Don't let your ex tell you no one will want you that way...
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 1:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• All you can do is give it time. Genetics play a big part in how much your skin will shrink back, and sadly, it doesn't always happen. You can use skin firming creams as a temporary fix (they do work for the short term, but they only last a few hours per application, and the help is minimal). I'm really sorry your ex is such an ass. Frankly, any guy who wouldn't want you BECAUSE of that isn't worth having around anyway. Most guys I know would easily overlook something as minor as excess skin, especially after 2 kids!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:43 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yep, time is the only answer. Maybe one day I'll be happy with my stomach. Ahh, who am I kidding? ha.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:52 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Time is the key.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I really don't know.. but good luck.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Mine is the same way...I'm 135 too...I don't have an answer but your not alone
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2011