When you die, would you rather be buried or cremated?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 11:46 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I saw a show on Investigation Discovery where there is a company who makes artificial reef balls that they place in the ocean. They are used as a habitat for ocean creatures. This company has now started making reef balls that contain the cremated remains of people. The family brings the remains to the company and they will make a reef ball containing those remains. When the reef ball is ready to be put in the ocean, the loved ones go on the boat with the people of the company and they submerse it in the ocean. Then it becomes a new habitat! THAT is what I want done!
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 11:49 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• cremated

Answer by gemgem at 11:46 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Neither. I would like my body donated to science if possible. If it's not, then I want to be cremated.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:46 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Right now I choose cremation. Ask me again when they roll my body to the fire!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:47 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My body is being donated to science. I would like to be a cadaver for a medical school.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:47 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Cremation is a LOT cheaper. Less hassle for the family. And I had some of my dads ashes put into a glass "paperweight" of sorts so that I always have him to talk to. I had one made for my girls also as they loved him too. Haven't done it yet with mom. You can make an Ancestor altar with the urn, putting small tokens of their favorite things and a picture, or you can bury it.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:52 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Cremation. Just FYI,you can also have some of the ashes made into a beautiful stone for jewelry. Lifegems. Imagine,having a part of your loved one with you always in a beautiful memorial like that.
    phall1069

Answer by phall1069 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Definitely cremated. Also, I don't want a memorial service, I want a party with lots of great food, booze and rock n roll!! I even have my playlist picked out!!
    hrh.sassypants

Answer by hrh.sassypants at 12:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Cremated... but don't want any extra money spent on any fancy coffins... just put me in the cheapest cardboard box and burn me up. I wouldn't want to take up any more space than I have to. Then I'd want my ashes spread way up in the mountains!
    hollysybb

Answer by hollysybb at 12:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I will be cremated and tossed on the compost heap.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 28, 2011