Have you ever been cheated on? What did you do?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 11:48 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• My exhusband used to cheat on me all of the time. I didn't know what to do I felt helpless, then he started getting them pregnant at the same time I was pregnant. That was a slap in the face and he didn't care if I found out about it or not. It was like he wanted me to leave, or dared me to leave. He kept telling me that I couldn't make it with out him. I finally got the courage up to leave and stay away from him.
    It's now over thirty years later and he is wanting me back. IS HE NUTS!!!!!
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 6:55 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Yes and I damn near killed him. We ended up divorcing a year later since he only acted sorry about getting caught and not sorry about doing it.
    I couldn't trust him and he couldn't deal with me always questioning him about his activities. I feel that if he could cheat and get caught, I could ask him everyday where he was and what he was doing. He gave up the right to any privacy when he screwed around.

We are better parents to our almost 4 year old now. And, he is a great father. We are more friends now than we ever have been.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• yeah i feel that once the trust is broken you'll never be able to feel fully comfortable again. and it's the LYING more than the sex that gets me, because i've had open relationships before
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 11:54 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• with the boyfriend a long time ago i said "well F you too then. see ya" but for some stupid reason when my now, DH did it to me 8 years ago (with his ex who he dated throughout high school) for some reason i took him back. i don't know why because it still makes me mad AND he's really not all that awesome anyway. i should have let her have him.
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 11:50 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I had been confronting DH for a long time cuz I knew he was cheating but he kept denying it. I knew that if I gave him enough rope, he'd soon hang himself with it and the time did come when he couldn't deny it any longer. I understood the reasons he cheated though I don't condone doing so - there is absolutely NO reason that will EVER justify cheating. I chose not to leave, though I could have more than easily supported myself and the kids; I had too much invested in our marriage so it deserved a second chance. Did some therapy for awhile (I pushed it more for his benefit than for my mine because he still wasn't "getting" it - he didn't understand what drove him to the behavior and I'd be damned if I'd go down that road again). The best therapy we had was just the two of us talking, fighting, laying it all out on the table. He had several "lightbulb" moments which were key. We're happier than ever; married 26 years.
    Anonymous

• Yes- an old boyfriend when I was in high school. I cried, and yelled at him, and cried some more. We ended up working things out, because I chose to because he was really a good person, he just made a bad choice at that moment. We're still on friendly terms, which is what we should have been in the first place. I love him like a brother, not a lover. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• before being married, i left when i got cheated on. course I was a hypocrite since i had cheated too. I do not see cheating however as just reason for leaving a marriage, i think other steps need to be tried first.
    Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 12:18 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yeah, but I didn't want to believe it until the relationship was over.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes and cried and lost my appetite.
    tastymama

Answer by tastymama at 2:35 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• he kissed and almost messed with another women.....the trust is hard to get back, still taking me some time
    Heather0583

Answer by Heather0583 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 28, 2011