When they were scared.................

of thunder what did you tell your children it was to make them not afraid? last night my daughter woke up and was afraid of the thunder. i told her it was clouds running into each other. lol it was the best i could come up with at three in the morning,

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I tell my dd that Jesus and God are bowling lol and my dad calls it the "tater wagon" lol like Jesus tipped over the "tater wagon" and all the potatoes fell out
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Probably hard to get scientfic with a child, but I just tell our kids that thunder cannot hurt you. It's big and loud, but there is nothing in the thunder itself that is dangerous.
    hrh.sassypants

Answer by hrh.sassypants at 11:57 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I always told them it was the sound of the lightning. I try to tell everything truthfully to the best of my ability. Although, my children have never been afraid of it. If they are awake during a thunderstorm, they come out on the porch with us to watch it.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• We used to tell our kids that God was bowling or that their loved ones that have passed away were bowling. We would also tell them that the thunder needed to talk to the lighting so we would know how close the storm was. When we would see the lighting we would count until we heard the thunder. Then we would know how close the storm was.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• my mom always told me it was the angels bowling rofl :P
    spitfire06

Answer by spitfire06 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Ditto on the bowling.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 3:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2011