How has the peace of God guarded your emotions and thoughts?

fordeeperroots

Asked by fordeeperroots at 11:54 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's peace within yourself. When you are One with God, realize you are One with all living things, you allow yourself to forgive yourself as God forgives you and you find peace.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Great question. I have just recently got this... I finally get it and I am sooooooo happy because of it. I used to be the type that prayed because I felt obligated too. Now I crave Gods word (lessons in the bible....I often need help interpreting and finding the right messages...through a trusted preacher). I can't wait to hear the next lesson. It keeps my mind in the right place and I handle my everyday situations so much better than I used to and I am happy. I am happy because the word in the bible ( Gods word) has taught me how to guard my heart, my thoughts and my emotions. Despite my outer circumstances I am happy because of Gods promises. I love it and I am amazed but all that I'm learning. I think it has saved my marriage and my future happiness.
    christina259

Answer by christina259 at 12:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• When I find that place of rest I find that peace. Its a trusting in the Lord and knowing He has your back that can settle into a place of peace even in the midst of the storms of life! It is when you focus on Him and not on the storm that peace is also found.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• It didn't, which is why I left. The concept of god gave me anger, frustration, and confusion. I didn't find peace until I found atheism. I didn't find knowlege until I found witchcraft.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I don't know if I'd say guarded. But I do believe God has helped me a lot in my life. I have my own mind. I control it, and I'm responsible for a large part of my happiness. But God has given me so much in my life and I trust Him.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:33 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I'm bumping this because more people need to know what the word can do and what its purpose is. Its all for you. If you've had a bad experience then I feel you've been decieved by what the true interpretation of the word is. All I know is for me that the puzzle of interpreting it just came at the right time for me and when I did the right things myself and it has made a huge difference for the better in my life.
    christina259

Answer by christina259 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Since I have 2 natures, the peace of God has helps protect my spiritual mind and heart from evil. What happens inside will come out on the outside.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 1:16 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I love the verse from John 14:27: Peace I leave with you, MY peace I give unto you; not as the word giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
    With Christ's peace, I have no need to fear the present or the future. Sin, fear, uncertainty, doubt, and numreous other forces are at war within us. When any of these negative emotions try to come upon me, I quote this verse. I also like the verse "This too shall pass". I say out loud, "Jesus is my refuge, my fortress, my rock, and my strength. He is my anchor in the storm. Whom shall I fear? What can man do to me"? He has never let me down.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:07 PM on Feb. 28, 2011