Would you call the truancy officer on your teen?

If your teen could not get his/her a.. up for school in the morning. Would you call Truancy?

voni681

Asked by voni681 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• yes, they need to earn. In some states the parents get in trouble for their kids being truant
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• *learn
    mommy_of_two388

• If the teen can't get up in the morning then they need to go to bed earlier. AND, they need to turn off all the video games and such earlier. If they STILL can't get themselves up in the morning a cupful of icy cold water dumped in the face should help. If they STILL can't get out of bed then yes, in a heartbeat I'd call truancy.

I do believe though, that it is also a parent's responsibility to make sure their child gets up and off to school in a timely manner.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• In a heartbeat!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:07 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• We don't have a truancy officer. I'll have to parent my teens, not call the police to do it for me.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:11 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I would ask the if the kid would do it for me and if not u would 'call
    mistydcross

Answer by mistydcross at 12:15 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I would- but only if I was physically incapable of dragging my kid to school.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 12:18 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Nope I wouldnt need to. I flip their mattress over or squirt them with water if they dont wake up.

Answer by gemgem at 12:31 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• riotgrrl Im going to assume that your either

A. A young parent and have no clue about dealing with high maintenance teen  (wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy)

B. You were high maintenance and your parents should of called the Truancy officer on you

C. You are very lucky and have not had to deal with high maintenance teenagers. Which would be awesome for you!

Just because you feel the need to call the truancy officer or get outside help of any kind doesnt make you less of a parent. It makes you a smart parent. What makes you a BAD PARENT is when you do nothing about a situation that could be helped because your to busy "being the parent" and not taking advantage of what your tax $ are paying for.

mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Absolutely. They need to learn that they are a young adult and there are consequences for thier choices. You wont do them any favors by watering down real life for them. It is important to know that you and other adults in the real world will force certain rules and standards on them. Does something happen when you wont get up for college or work? Of course! So it is only logical for you to teach them by making something happen when they wont get up now.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:56 PM on Feb. 28, 2011