Where to live?

My husband is getting out of the Army soon and we are not sure where we want to live. I am originally from Maryland and he is from Ohio but we want to go somewhere new (We like to travel.) We are TTC and I want to go to a place that is a good for raising a family and has a nice atmosphere. We are 22 and want to meet people like us we are all about family and don't drink or smoke but def know how to have a good time. If anybody can tell me a little about where they live or a nice place to live that would be great! Thanks :)

Kelee89

Asked by Kelee89 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I live in a small town in Western NC. I really like it. I have lived in many places (CA, KY, NJ, NC,VA) and different towns in those states. I like it here because cost of living is low. Crime is low. Everything is focussed on family. I am only 30 minutes from larger towns where I can still get things I want at a mall, and they have all the big city things there. For me it worked great because I love raising the kids in a small town where they arent as bombarded with things larger cities have.

Answer by gemgem at 12:15 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I live in NC. I used to live in Fayetteville, right outside of Ft Bragg. Charlotte NC is nice! And I used to live in Mississippi, which was a great place to raise a family....short of the weather... Raleigh is where I live now and it's not so bad. .... GOOD LUCK!!!!
    ScheNoe

Answer by ScheNoe at 12:16 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• gem gem and schenoe, what is the weather like where you live? I am looking for a place to move to also but weather is going to play a big role as to where we end up.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Economically wise, St. Louis is full of growth potential with great jobs available. There are bad areas of course, but there are just as many great areas to raise families. Great question to get some good responses!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I live in the Seattle area. There's LOTS to do year round. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't rain here all the time either. If it rains for 5 minutes and can produce 1/100 of an inch of measurable rain it's considered a day of rain. In the summer it rarely gets above 85, winters usually no lower than the mod 20's.

Washington State alone has Sandy beaches (closer to Oregon, but still in the state), rivers for water sports, Mountains and foothills for climbing and hiking, the peninsula is actually a rainforest, and eastern WA is technically a desert.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Arkansas is great.Natural parks,fishing and we celebrate all 4 seasons.Mild winters.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 3:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• parts of wv are nice. i know people make fun of west virginias but there is beautiful scenery and it is pretty quiet
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2011