Renewin tags, do I....

Need my inspection done? I know they have emissions in the system as soon as it's done, but what about inspection? Mine is a month late, and I am waiting for a part to come in before it will pass, but my tags go dead today. Will not having my inspection done effect getting my tags renewed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I am not sure what state you are in, I know in CA if you paid for your tags but didn't do or didn't pass the emissions yet then you can go to DMV and get a number for your car (temporary registration card) for 2 months so you can finish the repairs and pass the emissions test...
    Azita888

Answer by Azita888 at 12:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• In Wisconsin, if your car doesn't pass emissions or inspection, then you can't renew your plates.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• idk what state your in but in NC you have to have an inspection done within 60 days of renewing tags,.

Answer by gemgem at 12:50 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• In TX, if you don't have a current inspection, they won't renew your registration.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 1:22 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• we no longer have to have inspections here.But ya better have all personal property taxes paid and proof of insurance,or off to the court house you go.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 3:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• It depends on your state. Call the DMV.
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 4:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2011