My poor Joreena..............

Last thursday the dr said joreena had a head cold so I did what I could to comfort her, vaporizer, baby vaporub, tylenol and shes been sleeping in her carseat( the only way she could sleep with this) Yesterday I noticed she was struggling to breath and didnt eat but about 5 oz all day and only had one wet diaper so I told hubby I have a feeling its more than a cold. We were taking her temp and it wasnt high mind you Ive never taken her temp rectally which is dumb of me I will from now on! So we took her to the ER,her temp was 100.7 so they saw her fast and even though they did a xray on thursday and ruled out pnuemonia well thank god I went with my gut instinct, they did another xray and OMG my poor baby has pnuemonia :( I just knew it, shes been such a trooper thru all of this never once has she been fussy or anything. They gave her shots of antibiotics in her legs, wow when we got home she was in so much pain from it she screamed for 2 hours straight. She also got sent home with meds. I hope she snaps out of this soon, I cant see her like this anymore. Its been 5 days! Today is the last day of my maternity leave, hubbys chief gave him the week off to care for her THANK GOD! So just to let yall know, better safe than sorry, dont ever second guess your mama intuition! Glad I didnt!

bethyw76

Asked by bethyw76 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Awe, we just got over pneumonia too, my son was admitted last sunday night and released money morning on aerosol treatments and oral medications. We had been to the pediatricians friday cause I thought he sounded horrible, and the doc said he was fine. But by sunday x-rays showed bacterial pneumonia in his left lung. He's much better now, but i know what a bummer it can be. Hopefully she has a speedy recovery!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 3:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2011