Do you know of anyone in jail or prison that is innocent?

I know of 2 people and it is so unfair. I talked to the man in charge of releases in a Florida prison and he said there are lots of innocent people in prison. He doesn't like it either, but he isn't the judge or jury. I never thought of thinkgs like this before and now it is really bothring me. Remember when you where innocent until proven guilty? now it is your guilty until proven innocent. I guess it's all in the Bible, but it is just not right. Just venting I guess.

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 12:43 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think this can happen easily, it is terrible. It is so creepy how when something happens, law enforcement always seems to assume the perpetrator is a family member.

A few years back, there was a Lifetime movie about a couple who had their young daughter kidnapped in the middle of the night,. The parents were put through pure HELL! She was murdered and raped by a deranged, pervert, drugged out, ex BIL, he admitted what he did to a media person but was never prosecuted because he denied what he said and his idiot mother protected him. The child's murder/rape was never solved that I know of, here on earth, anyway, but, no worries, God awaits the return of his soul...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Not personally, but there are thousands of innocent people in prison. There have been some that have been put to death and then found that they didn't do the crime.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:44 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• it is ridiculous and very very scary
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 12:45 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Are you sure the two you know are innocent?

I do realize that there are lots of innocent people that sadly are in jail. I think you have dead on with the "your guilty until proven innocent" sure seems like that now a days.

I know someone in prision a family member & he is guilty. I dont agree with the crime he did & he is serving his time but then again in his situation there is someone else to blame too but is free of charge so that is kind of crazy. The legal system dosent always work fairly or well usually dosent its sad.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 12:48 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• No. But I do know a woman who killed her step daughter with the help of her husband who is in there and he is walking free.

Answer by gemgem at 12:48 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• No. I do not know anyone personally.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:50 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I don't personally, but I do agree, it's very sad to think that there are innocent people locked up for crimes they didn't commit while the real criminals are still out and about in society.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:55 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• It sounds to me that the innocent you talk about might not have gotten good representation, you can always appeal.......

Answer by older at 1:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes I do know someone in jail that is innocent, I feel horrible for them and their family members.
    lovelyheaven271

Answer by lovelyheaven271 at 1:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• No I do not personally know of anyone who is/has been jailed wrongly.Gem you must be speaking of Zahara Baker?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:04 PM on Feb. 28, 2011