What would you do if this were you? My DF told me his relationship with his friend is more meaningful than his relationship with me...

reason why? He says his friend and him never argue and they have known each other longer.  wow

Basically He has been staying with his friend now since friday.  He was supposed to be here at 7am so I could go to class, no show, I had to walk my assignment in with son in hand and explain that I didn't have a sitter so I couldn't stay.  I am not the type of student to just not go to class, hell whats the point of paying if I don't go?

I have to work so I am asking my 13 year old sister to watch my son right after she gets out of school, since he probably won't show for that either.

I have class again all week til thursday and I don't know what I am going to do.  I have to finish these classes because I am transferring to get a higher degree this following year.

I was going to stay local but now I am thinking of transferring out of state in order to just get away.  I have lived in this city my whole life, my exDF doesn't care to be here for his son and I don't want to stick around just to make things easy for him.  A I jumping the gun?

can anyone make sense of this?  I'm completely LOST

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Let him have his friend then....leave him and find yourself a real man.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I've tried and I don't see how any relationship where you aren't best friends can work.

meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• sounds like zhe is done with the relationship i wouldnt stick around and wait for him
    Mrs.Prine

Answer by Mrs.Prine at 1:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I would not want to be with a man who cares more for his friends than his family. If his friends are more meaningful to him, then he can stay there for good. He can live with his friends the rest of his life instead of having a family to care for & love if that means more to him.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I wasnt planning on sticking around and waiting for him, that wasn't even in my thought process lol when a relationship is done it is done, it's evrything else now thats a mess.  He's unreliable, not responsible, I swear he is trying to relive his life back when he and his firend were room mates in college.  Makes me sick, and sad for my son.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• So what about the moving states option.  I would be gone for about 2 years and I would have 6months to prep my exit.  What do you all think?  Or do you think thats doing too much or inconsiderate in any way?

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• oh. :( Is his friend a girl or a guy?

I would suggest calling your professors and telling them exactly what is going on. They can help you by making special accommodations for you so that you can finish the class. It is always worth a try to get some of that stress off. You could also go to a school counselor and they can help arrange all of that for you. Whatever you do, let someone at the school help with the academic things . . . if you wait until too much is missed and bad grades have been posted, they can't help you.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:17 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Inconsiderate towards whom? Him noway momma do what you have to do for yourself and move on. The time for politeness is over and the time for you is now!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Its a guy.  A fucking DOuch Bag Guy with no responsibility, living like he's a frkn teen, I guess that life is attractive to my ex. wtf ever.

I have all A's or B's right now.  I am about to have a test this week and I will just be utilizing my time as wisely as possible.  I am going to search for a family member to watch my son at least for my class times.  This is going to be a challenge.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

•   

Inconsiderate towards whom? Him noway momma do what you have to do for yourself and move on. The time for politeness is over and the time for you is now!

Good, I was wondering if maybe it was illegal, probably not, theres no custody order.  A fresh start is just what I need, and I will be happier not hang to run in to him or anyone else around town.  And if I can't leave state I am going to move just far.  California is a big state.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2011