What would you do? Help!!

I am at a loss. I am 23 and 8 months pregnant. All my friends are stuck in the highschool years of partying we have all been growing apart for years. I have been lookin for a decent friend with common interestes and a child around my 3 yr old daughters age. I finally found one she is great I at first was so happy she is also pregnant only like a month behind me and has a 5 yr old daughter. At first it seemed perfect now I dont know what to do her daughter is a bad influence on mine she has a bad attitude and doesnt listen at all and at times can be rude. And she does this thing were she whispers mean things to my daughter I caught her a few times and told her to stop it. I mean I have to stop spending time with her because I have to look out in the best interests of my daughter. Right? Is there any way I can help her daughter be nicer and salvage the friendship??? Help!!

lovinmybaby87

Asked by lovinmybaby87 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would talk to the mama about it.  I know it's hard to find friends.  I am 25 and don't do the party thing so I don't make many connections with people my own age. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Just talk to her mom. If she is your friend she will understand. What better way to test the friendship?

Answer by gemgem at 1:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I really want to talk to her but I dont want to offend her. She is also my daughters headstart teacher so if I accidently do offend her I dont want her to take it out on my daughter. I dont think she is like that but I am not there to see everything and I just dont know!!
    lovinmybaby87

Comment by lovinmybaby87 (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I would talk to mama, too. If she likes being your friend, she will probably take steps to take care of those behaviors.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• first I would talk to her and see if there is a way that she can talk to her DD. I would not ask her in a mean way just explain that your DD is not enjoying spending time with her DD. Also, you don't have to give up this friendship just because the kids don't get along. I know that it is probably easier to get together with the kids although if they aren't getting along, then maybe you can this friend could go out just the adults. Lastly, I would look for other play groups so you can meet other moms and make more friends.

Once you DD starts school you might find some friends there.  When my kids were in preschool I joined the PTO and that is were I made a lot of friends.  I totally understand about growing apart from you high school friends.  I was the first to have a child and I was 22 when he was born.

Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• They get along my daughter just started copying her. Sticking her tongue out, talking back, haveing a serious attitude!! All big no no's!!
    I really appreciate the advice ladies your right talkin to her would be smart I just have to do it carefully! Thanks!!
    lovinmybaby87

Comment by lovinmybaby87 (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2011