Don't know how to tell him

I recently found out that I'm pregnant.
I'm only 18, in fact, I got pregnant the night of my 18th birthday.
I don't know how to tell the father.
We're not together, never really have been. It just happened.
I know he's going to freak out.
How do I tell him?

KaylaGarbowsky

Asked by KaylaGarbowsky at 1:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Just be honest and upfront. If he's a good person he'll do the right thing, if not then its better to know now as you have a long road ahead of you and will need a solid support system. Good luck :)))
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes, try to be calm and honest. It is probably a good idea to get your parents involved, as well. Even though they may get mad right away, they love you and can be a great source of support.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Honesty is best. I would think about what you want out of it. My sister got pregnant at 16 and she had a similar situation. She decided that if he wanted to be apart of the childs life great, and if not it was his loss. You don't have to be with the father of your child. Let him know how you feel and don't be suprised if he needs a little time to take it in.
    jdzamko

Answer by jdzamko at 3:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Just be honest. The sooner you do it the less stress you will be under. Even if he doesn't want to help at least you will know and be able to come up with a plan. Good luck!

NickLukeandEmma

Answer by NickLukeandEmma at 9:08 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Just be honest and up front.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:10 PM on Mar. 6, 2011