Do you think you're pretty?

I have a cousin who constantly tells me how pretty she is. How so and so told her she looks just like JLo, how so and so said she is so pretty, how so and so was hitting on her (she's married). I'm getting annoyed with her. Every single conversation we have she has to tell me stuff like this.
No, I'm not jealous, she's not that pretty! And I myself seem to think I'm not bad looking myself. But I don't go around telling people I'm beautiful and I sure don't need others to tell me. I have confidence in myself and a loving husband that makes me feel the prettiest all the time! There.....Vent! Give me a good comeback for the next time I talk to her! LOL

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 1:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Ask he how she got rid of the hair on her chin
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 4:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• She's probably very insecure about her looks, so she keeps mentioning the compliments as a way to reinforce to herself and others that she is attractive (whether you think she is or not is totally beside point). I don't know what advice to give you--if she's already insecure, then snapping off a snarky comeback probably won't help, but I agree that it would be very annoying to listen to...I'd probably just avoid her as much as possible, cause that's how I roll.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Tell her her beauty fades every time she compliments herself.......

Answer by older at 1:35 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yeah agree with her good looks run in the family. Just be glad you aren't so vain and pathetic you need constant reassurance. I have a friend like that she compares herself to me all the time. I just play like I don't know the deal.....she gets worked up over it. Pretty sad. lol
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 1:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I think if someone has to keep announcing how pretty they are, it takes away from it.  I've found that the women I find the prettiest are usually the ones who don't realize they are model material.  I would get annoyed being around someone who constantly has to tell me how pretty they are.  I would just be like "okay, your pretty, point made".  Or tune her out.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Pat her on the back and say now can you expand that world to include others.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• She sounds extremely insecure about her looks, and about her value as a human being.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Although having nice looks is a perk. I think it is what is on the inside that counts most. The most Beautiful person in the world can have a bad attitude and completely blow the external and internal beauty
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I don't think I'm anything more than ok..but everybody and their g-ma says I'm pretty/beautiful/gorgeous. I just don't see it. *shrugs*
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• lmao at huntin mama. that would be the ultimate insult!!! i don't think i could do it without smirkin haha
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2011