Is all fast food bad while pregnant?

Like if I go to McDona;d's I get the grilled chicken sandwich (on wheat) with lettuce and tomato only and a yogurt. Can this really be that bad??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it is not that bad and every once in a while it should be fine. I know when I was pregnant with all of my children I went to Burger King once a week because I didn't have time to eat at home. I was going straight from work, to getting the kids at daycare, to bringing them home and then off to night school. SO I would stop on my way to class.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• As long as you dont eat there every day, every meal the whole time you're pregnant. Nothing is "bad" in small quantities.
    Anonymous

• All fast food is pretty much bad, but if it was that bad most of my kids would have problems and they dont. My first born we joked is made up 50% from dominos pizza. My 2nd and 3rd are made up of Taco Bell, my 4th is part Arby's and 5th is part McDonalds. I just had cravings lol.

Answer by gemgem at 1:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• the sandwhich has 420 calories, 17 grams of fat, 52 carbs, and 12 grams of sugar. Thats A Lot of fat, so yes it could be bad. It would help if you got rid of the bread all together, but they add so much crap to their chicken, you're better off grilling up your own chicken at home.
    It's certainly not the worst thing on the menu, but you would be better off with the 6 peice chicken nuggets which are 280 calories, also 17 grams of fat sadly, 16 carbs, and no sugar.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• If you eat it in moderation with wont kill you, I would stop at Mcdonalds once a week on my way to the dr or lamaze and get a white mile and a cheesburger. Like any food it is all about portion control and moderation. If you want it eat it, but if you want it every day I would find a heathier alternative.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Once in a while is fine. The real problem with it is the Sodium content. Salt makes you retain water and swell, especially during pregnancy. It will cause your blood pressure to rise too.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:43 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I ate chicken sandwich from Burger King all the time while pregnant. I never had high blood pressure from it nor did my baby come out all weird. He's actually got a very high IQ & is in AP classes in high school. Maybe I better not let Burger King know..they might want to recruit him for a commercial to pregnant women! lol
    Anonymous

• Yes, I think it is.
    :-(
    If you want that kind of food it will be MUCH healthier to prepare it at home.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:11 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• btw-- I am referring to the "other" ingredients ("quality control") that affect my decision making.
    Not just the fat content, etc.
    (I would not eat there whether pregnant or not.)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Nothing in large portions is good for you, moderation is the key. That being said everyone knows pregnant women get cravings and I don't believe there's ever been a birth defect linked to McDonalds or any other fast food chain. I craved Mcdonald big macs with my son like crazy at the end, I know I ate more then 1 a week for the last 4-5 weeks, and he's a very healthy and smart 5 year old. This time it's taco bells fruitista freezes. Not as unhealthy, but still probably not the best. Just try to remember moderation, and every once in awhile throw the damn rules out the window and live!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 2:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2011