How do you stop from eating so much??????

I am 13 weeks and have gained around 5 pounds. I am still exercising but when I eat, I feel like I am gorging myself. Last night I ate a salad, HUGE plate of spaghetti and two pieces of garlic bread. And of course, when I was done I was miserable. I do this quite often but I just can't help myself. HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Try eating six times a day. I did this and found I would eat less at meal time. I would eat my 3 major meals and 3 healthy snacks throughout the day. I only gained 27 lbs so I am guessing it worked for me to eat 6 times a day.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I went through tons of gum, lollipops, and ice cchips... definitely not the same and real food but it seemed to help my cravings.
    rikkaboo8407

Answer by rikkaboo8407 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I was worried about that too. I had bad cravings before I got pregnant. And it wasn't because I was hungry- I just wanted the taste of something! I make a conscious effort to only eat when I am actually hungry (as in I feel it in my stomach) and I eat until I am not hungry but not full either. If I get hungry later I don't feel bad for eating because my body is telling me I need to eat- not my brain saying "Hey _____ would be great right now wouldn't it? Eh?EH?"

I'm 29 weeks and I have gained 7 pounds from my pre pregnancy weight and my midwife says I'm doing great.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• That sounds pretty unbalanced-- not good for your blood sugar.
    If you balance your carbs with protein, fat, etc you will desire less (you'll be satiated).
    Drink a glass or two of water before eating, too~

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:16 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Eating 6 small meals a day is great advice. Experts say you should eat 6 small meals a day instead of the 3 large ones anyways, because you eat healthier in small portions. With my last pregnancy and this one I'd eat breakfast, a morning snack like yogurt, small lunch, afternoon snack, normal dinner portions, and then a dinner snack. Towards the end I'd get a craving around like midnight so I'd indulge, but usually on like crackers and cheese, or 1 cookie. It worked well for me last time and has me gaining exactly 2 lbs a month this time, which is 100% on the nose what's expected during the 2nd trimester.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 2:16 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I agree with the other moms eat 6 small meals a day and that should balance everything out say if you eat like at 8 am and then wait till 12 to eat of course your gonna eat a big meal cus you waited so long to eat also eat things that are healthy for you and for your baby im pregnant with baby # 2 and so far ive only gained 3 lbs im 11 weeks pregnant .Good Luck .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Small meals and lots of water! I mean a TON of water! Most of the time I think I am hungry it is actually because I am thirsty.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 3:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• welcome to being prego lol just eat smaller meals a day try eating ice to that helps i think
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Do 6 small meals a day
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2011