My son wants to change his underwear everytime he urinates adult content

My sons fathers mother, told my son to wipe his situation after he pees!!!! which mad me angry cause boys dont do that lol. Now he wipes it with toilet paper, AND wants to change his underwear after he pee's... Has this happened to any mom out there? if so what should i do? it's really old now and im ready to take all his underwear away.

nikiw

Asked by nikiw at 1:33 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm sorry, did you call his penis his "situation?" He does know the real word, right?
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't take his underwear away.  It makes me wonder what exactly she said to him to make it stick in his mind like that.  I would tell her that she needs to mind her own business and he needs to go to the bathroom the way his MAMA taught him to.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• To comment on the first answer . Of course he knows the real word !!! but thank you for your input that was not my question !
    nikiw

Comment by nikiw (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• And to the second answer.... Thats what she needs to do MIND HER BEEZ WAX . I spoke to his father and asked him to talk to her about it . It's really annoying now that this is going on. i go threw like 5 pairs of underwear a day and he sometimes clogs the toilet with all that paper
    nikiw

Comment by nikiw (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• It sounds like your son and his dad need to have a "man to man" talk, where dad explains boys do not wipe after peeing. Let your son be in the bathroom with his dad, to show him hey look, grandma was very wrong. Dad's a boy and he doesn't wipe, and he doesn't change his underwear either. Mom has different parts, you can talk to him about it but it's going to have more effect from someone with the same equipment. As far as the constant switching of underwear tell him he's more then welcome to use all the underwear he wants, but then it's going to be come his job to wash them. If he wants you to wash them then he gets 1 pair a day, unless there's an accident. Make him help you load the washer, move the laundry to the dryer, and then fold and put away his own underwear. If he has to do this everyday because he goes through too much underwear he might get tired of it and stop using so much.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 2:11 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• yeah thats a good idea, it's tough though cuz his father and i arnt together so when i have him i tell him that boys dont do that.
    nikiw

Comment by nikiw (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• If no father figure all of the time, what about an uncle or maybe gpa who could talk about it with him? Good luck.........
    Peggs11

Answer by Peggs11 at 4:35 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Personally, I'd make him wash each pair out at the end of each day so he can see how much more laundry he is making. but that's how we parent. We don't coddle our kids and cater to them. They want to change their underwear/clothes 20 million times a day then they can wash them. Stuff like that bugs the crap out of me.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:31 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Let him hang out with one of your male family members. Then he can see first hand how men use the bath room. good luck.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Tell your MIL to keep her big moth shut and stay out of it. It's your son and your business, not hers.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 11:08 AM on Mar. 1, 2011