My Daughter put herself to bed!!! (not a question)

I post two days ago about my baby sleeping in her toddler bed. She is 16 months old and I was os surprised she did it the first night no issues. Well it has gone that way every night and for every nap since.. and last night she got in the bed... AND turned on her music piano that sings her to sleep... ALL BY HERSELF!! I was so amazed!!! I thought when she sat up she was going to try to get out of the bed, but nope she just reached up and hit the piano so it would play and layed back down. I kissed her and left the room. Not a tear was shead!! I'm so proud of my baby : ) Just had to share with the world!

Anon344

Asked by Anon344 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Isn't it the greatest!  It's in the same category as taking the first step, losing the first tooth, etc!  Ohhhhh I'm so happy for you!  My 16 month old does this also and it still amazes me!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• You have a very mature 16 month old.  I hope everything else goes that easly for you and her.

Answer by louise2 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• What kind of music piano does she have? My daughter loves music and falls to sleep for naps listening to her scout doll play 5 min of bed time music. I wonder if a piano she could turn on by herself would work for her.
    lala9

Answer by lala9 at 4:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I'm happy for you and your daughter.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• YAY!!!!!!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Congrats! When a child is a good sleeper life is so much easier.
    I would make sure you dont change a thing, dont break that routine.
    2ndtimewish

Answer by 2ndtimewish at 9:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2011