For Christians... Do you believe in Evolution?

I'm not trying to start a debate I'm just curious if I'm the only one who believes in both. I think Evolution is just an explanation of Creation. But I know a lot of Christians believe in strictly Creation. I just want to know the reasons for believing or not believing in either one.

Anon344

Asked by Anon344 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• For the love of all that is Holy, please stop 'believing' in science. Either accept the theory based on its abillity to explain and predict independently verified data or provide additional, independently verified data that demonstrates the theory to be false. Science isn't a faith and it shouldn't be treated like one.

That said, I'm a Christian who does accept the theory of evolution as the best explanation regarding how life has changed over the biological history of our planet. I believe in God and believe God had/has a hand in creation, but it clearly didn't happen as outlined in Genesis.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I am a Christian who accepts the theory of evolution. I believe God chose to work through this process, or allowed it to happen. I don't believe in a literal 6 day creation or a literal placement of man onto the earth (Adam and Eve aren't real people IMO). I believe science and faith can work hand in hand in our understanding of the world around us and our place in it.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I do believe that things grow and change, but that's about it where evolution is concerned. I don't think it's about the time factor, but how things came to be. I don't believe God used evolution as a tool. I believe he used His VOICE. "And God SAID let there be...."
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 3:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I believe in the literal 6 day creation. I believe that God is powerful enough to create the universe in 6 earthly days. About evolution? that depends on what kind of evolution. There are different types of evolution.
    I believe in micro evolution and the evolution where animals can adapt and evolve within its kind. A cat cant become a dog and so on...
    I don't believe in macro evolution, where we all came from mud. or that a bird came from a fish and so on. So it depends on what you mean by evolution.
    yevsgirl

Answer by yevsgirl at 3:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I do (accept evolution).

SingMeaSong

Answer by SingMeaSong at 4:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• i do not believe in evolution. i believe in creation based on the book of Genesis and the account of which is recorded on how we were created.
    fordeeperroots

Answer by fordeeperroots at 6:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes I believe in evolution.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:08 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I honestly don't know what to think anymore. I believe in Creation, but once in a while it's just like "how could that thing happen, but not that thing", etc. Ugh. Makes me wish time travel was possible, I would go back that far and see what really happened!
    Anonymous

• I believe that time is limitless to God. That what took him seven days was much longer to us.
    And yes everything grows and changes, so I believe in evolution and God.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 1:47 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I believe it's possible that creative evolution is God's instrument. I can't say I'm entirely convinced of it, but I do accept it as a possibility.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 1:48 PM on Feb. 28, 2011