Living together?

If you have been dating the same person for almost 17 months, but at the end of the night, he goes to his house and you go home to yours; then he suggests you try spending the night together and seeing how it goes (which you do), and it goes well, would you consider that taking a step in the direction of a more serious relationship? Keep in mind, you have discussed living together when the time is right. Please no hateful or rude replies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I would, If you intend to marry him this is a great way to find out what he is like in every situation, sick, happy, sad mad tired, you name it! Not everyone will agree with it but Dh and I moved in after only a few months and that is when we really got to know each other! I am for it! GL
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:01 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I would think that is where it seems to be leading. I wouldn't be the best to give advice on that though...lol, my fiance and I moved in together a month after we met because we were crazy in love with each other. 4yrs later and we stil are crazy in love and now buying a house together.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yeah that seems like it's going in that direction....me and my hubby did a "trial run" he stayed at my apartment for about a week 6 months into our relationship to see if we could live together...about 3 months later he moved in....maybe that's something you could bring up to your SO....spending the night isnt really going to tell you if your ready to move to the next step or not. Good Luck
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I would start spending nights together a lot more often, and "pretend" you're living together to see how well it really goes.
    These things are much harder to decide when you're a mom. I moved in with my current roommate when we had been dating for only 6 months - it was a big mistake. We're no longer together, but he's my best friend, and that's the only reason we live together.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 2:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• if u feel your ready and if he says he is ready go for it
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 2:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• me an my husband of four yrs an we've been together for 9 moved n together after a few mons i think thats the best way to c if u can live together n the long hall. now we r married two kids an luv one another more then ever. who cares wat people think do wats best for u. ull knw if its rite or not
    kelleyplus2

Answer by kelleyplus2 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My SO and I dated for 1 month before committing and only then did I sleep with him. After 6 months, we moved in together. After 10 months we decided he would make a good daddy for my DD whose father ditched her and started the legal process. After 11 months, we said I love you. And in a few days we will be officially dating for 1 year. And I wouldn't have it any other way. We have both been married before. I am open to marrying him one day and he doesn't say he would never but he's not looking that way right now. His marriage before scared him to death. I will live with him forever without marriage if that's what it takes. He makes me happy and vice versa.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 4:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• me and my SO moved in together with in like a month or so i know that sounds crazy we have been together for 3 years now and we dont regret it. the only reason we went into it so fast is bc i lived so far away. but we are happy and we have a beautiful daughter together. and we are very happy.

if yall wanna move in together then go for it
    alw06tchs

Answer by alw06tchs at 6:54 PM on Feb. 28, 2011