Did any of you choose to bank your babies cord blood, why or why not?

This is a really tough decision even with be "well informed" and I have to decide like now cause they said it takes a month to get the kit in...

xbabygirlz

Asked by xbabygirlz at 1:58 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Health

• I wanted to donate it, but our hospital didn't do it at the time. Also, my first son had tied his cord in a knot and wrapped it around his neck and foot, so it was cut into pieces while they were trying to free him and resuscitate him. Then my youngest son had to have genetic testing done, which they did from the cord blood, so I guess the cords would have been useless anyway.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:01 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I donated but I wish I could afford to store it.
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• After reading up extensively, I decided the cost wasnt worth it. It a long shot you will ever need it & compared to what it costs to store it, I wasnt buying into the hype. I would have donated it because likely someone, somewhere might need it but like the first poster said our hospital didnt do it.
    Anonymous

• I donated it
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2011