Would you have done this?

My child (12) was invited to a sleep over with 3 other girls in her class and we didn't want to attend if it was at her Dad's house because he smokes inside the house. The parents are divorced and the sleepover was at the girl's Mom's house. When I arrived to drop off my daughter there were I'd say 7 bags of trash out front (the garbage can was full), the house was teenie and when I went inside it didn't look the cleanest but I couldn't make a judgement with out seeing the whole house which of course I couldn't. After I wished I would have asked to use the bathroom, then I would have gotten a closer look. Would you have left your child there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Because they had more trash than trashcans?  I can't say that would be on my list of things to look for.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes, I would have. I remember my mother commenting on the cleanliness of one of my friend's homes when I was younger than your daughter. The dirt didn't hurt me any. Now, if your daughter has severe allergies or asthma, that might be different.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 2:07 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes. I would have lft her their. If what I seen was not a total nasty house.

Answer by louise2 at 2:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I would have left my child at their house.
    Gchborthwick

Answer by Gchborthwick at 2:17 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I would be more concerned about meeting the parents, then meeting the bathroom in the house. Safety with the adults, and their ability to supervise is the biggest concern for me. The size of the house, and poor housekeeping, well..your child can easily survive one night of that I think!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2011