I know this is a touchy subject but....pro-choice does NOT = pro-abortion

i am pro-choice, im also 17 weeks pregnant, pro-choice is for the woman's right to CHOOSE what they want to do with the pregnancy(adoption, abortion, or keeping it), i chose to keep my baby, but i also believe there are only 3 reasons to get an abortion

here are the reasons
1.rape-i have honestly been raped before(when i was 15 btw im 18 now) i wouldnt be able to handle the trauma from that and be pregnant and every time id look at the baby it would remind me of what happened, thats just me though and no i didnt get pregnant from that happening to me

2.the woman cant carry to term or will die giving birth

3.if the women knows she can not care for the child whats so ever, either shes mentally unstable, in an abusive family environment, or just knows she cant care for it at all

and no i DO NOT think that women that use abortion for birth control are right i think those women are extremely stupid, and should learn to get on actual birth control

and please dont come in here and say "but theres adoption" yeah i know theres always adoption, but there are millions of kids in the system that need to be adopted already, what i have to say to people who only want new borns is, please stop being selfish and think of the other kids that might never get a home

you can bash me all you want but its my opinion if you dont like my opinion then to bad

Lizzypuppylove

Asked by Lizzypuppylove at 2:04 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• What brought this up? Were you watching tv or reading something?
    Just wondering.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 2:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Adoption is another choice. Pro-choice means being open to ALL options, including abortion. Pro-life means being open to options EXCEPT for abortion... most simply stated, to be anti-abortion.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• no not tv lol...every time my dad gets mad at me he tells me to get an abortion, i just needed to vent and get my opinion out there and im kinda tired of seeing that pro-choice is pro-abortion because its not

Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• if your referring to the last thing i put i was merely talking to the people who ONLY go out and look for new borns
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I'm pro-choice.  That doesn't mean that I would get an abortion but it does mean that I would consider ALL my options.

The only time I disagree with abortion is if it is used for birth control or gender selection.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Ok. I guess I like to stay out of the whole pro life & prochoice issues anyways.
    I stay nuetral until I have to make a decision on anything.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 2:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I agree. I could never have an abortion personally, but I believe every woman deserves the right to that make their own decision.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 2:15 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I understand that prochoice doesn't mean one is pro abortion, which is why I think its best to work together to help cut down on the need for abortions in the first place. ;)

I'm personally pro-life, but I really would rather put efforts into improving sex education, helping get birth control more available, etc, etc, then argue over whether or not abortion should be legal. Abortion isn't the problem, its just one poor solution to the problem of unwanted pregnancy, and we need to get proactive with our "fight" against abortion by helping cut down the number of unwanted pregnancies.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• bandgeek i agree we need to teach sex ed more and make birth control more available, but we still shouldn't take a woman's right to choose what she wants
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• If you look it up, you'll find that the definition of pro-abortion is the belief in the right to choose to terminate a fetus (fertilized embryo). Pro-abortion is also a movement, which fights for the rights of women... That to me sounds just like the definition of pro-choice, which is the political and ethical view that a woman should have control over her fertility and the choice to continue or terminate a pregnancy. They are one & the same. If you are pro-choice, you are pro-abortion.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 2:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2011