chair dance/rocking?

My baby has this habit where she kinda rocks her head and shoulders back and forth- like she's listening to a song on the radio. If I do it, she mimicks me and smiles. I think she picked it up in daycare. Anyone elses little one have behavior similar to this? She's 8months.

ZoeKatsMom

Asked by ZoeKatsMom at 3:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Rocking and banging things is absolutely normal for that age. It comes from getting used to the constant rocking of infancy, and as they get older they start to "rock themselves" to comfort themselves. Your babe probably did pick it up in daycare, but not from other kids. The uncertainty of being away from home probably made her want comfort, so she picked up doing it herself.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 11:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• My DD is 7 mo and waves like a princess when ever she is bored...I'd say it's nothing to worry about at this age. If the behavior doesn't change 6 months from now, then ask the ped. about it.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 4:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2008