Ladies, did any of you have any credit card accounts stolen back in Nov and/or Dec?

I know this is not political but I hope you won't mind my asking about it here...

We had 2 Chase accounts stolen, one in Nov, the other in Dec. We've had these accounts since the early 90's and never had ANY problems. Then suddenly, they were both stolen. The thief actually had the 3 security numbers off the back of the last one stolen.

I am just curious to see if any of you had any similar experiences. Chase notified us both times that they thought there was suspicious activity, which we were grateful but also, thought it was interesting. We thought it was strange enough for one account to be stolen, after so many years with no problems but two, was very odd...

What do you think? Thanks for your input!

agentwanda

Asked by agentwanda at 2:11 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Sorry this happened to you wanda..really sucks.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• no but I remember getting an e-mail or something warning me that this was happening and buying off line @ the time was risky.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• nope. I only use AMEX though
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:15 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Nope..I am not even so sure that it was in an email..I just remember reading of it
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:22 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• DH has two seperate chase accounts for his business and he never had any trouble.

Trouble with 2 account seems odd to me as well...kinda scary.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Not at that time, but we've dealt with it before. Is there anywhere you used both cards - like something you pay for regularly that sometimes you'd use one and sometimes the other? It would be just as easy for a store clerk or waiter to make note of the security code when they flip it over to check for a signature as it would be an online vendor, so it could be from a local place, not just online.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• No. I too only use Amex and my bank debit/credit card.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:47 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Nope
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:15 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Wow, that does sound odd...almost like someone within Chase. We are really careful about what cards we use where. This is one reason why I use PayPal Pro to process cards for my website....it is all done through PayPal..I never even see what kind of card was used.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:45 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Do you remember who sent you that e-mail tnmom?
    agentwanda

Comment by agentwanda (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2011