Mirena (IUD) and infection??? worry please answer adult content

I have an app next week with my gyn but am kind of worry and need some answers until the day come I have the mirena on for 3 months now and I been having a lot of itching down there and when I had sex with my husband it burn a lot and afterwards his penis was like burning and very red what could it be can this be a yeast infection? Or something else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• FUCK WAITING FOR NEXT WEEK GO NOW SOUND BAD

GOOD LUCK
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 2:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I've never heard of a yeast infection having that effect on a man. I'm guessing something else but could be wrong. See if you can get the appointment bumped up.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 2:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yeast doesn't usually cause irritation to the penis just from sex. It does sound like an infection. Unless you have symptoms of PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease), which is lower abdominal pain and bloating then don't worry too much, it's most likely something that the GYN can take care of with a prescription.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• If it spread to your husband it's probably got nothing to do with the Mirena or a yeast infection. Neither one of those typically result in pain and redness to the male from sex. Sounds like some other kind of infection. I'd call you gyn. in the morning and let them know your symptoms are spreading to your husband, they might get you in a lot sooner. In the mean time I wouldn't insert anything into the vagina because it will likely make the symptoms worse for you.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Id go see a gyno asap
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2011