Nasonex during a strep infection? Advice?

Hi ladies,

My daughter, 4, uses Nasonex to keep her breathing open at night . . . she has issues with apnea on and off. Yestarday, she was diagnosed with strep and conjunctavitis . . . and I think I remember reading on the insert of Nasonex that it could spread infection. I am going to call her doc for advice, but do any of you know if we need to stop the Nasonex while she is sick?

ImaginationMama

Asked by ImaginationMama at 2:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Health

• We have Flonaz and can disinfect the sparyer that is inserted into the nose. See if you can take the the top part of nasal sprayer off. If it comes off easily soak it in 1 to 4 parts bleach water solution for 20 mins. then let it air dry. Do this after each use while sick. The doctor may recommend a new bottle after the sickness is cleared up.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 2:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Your pharmacist should know if you can't get in touch with the doctor right away.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 2:15 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I can message you with the info
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 4:50 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Thank nana . . . . I am still waiting for her doc to call back . . . :)
    ImaginationMama

Comment by ImaginationMama (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Feb. 28, 2011