Anyone know of some simple easy ways to earn some extra money on the side after working full time?

Gchborthwick

Asked by Gchborthwick at 2:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• An open ended question like that will lead to a lot of offers from people who do direct sales / home parties. That can be fun but it might help if you mention what you like doing, how many hours you plan to work, what you want to earn, etc. ;)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 2:16 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing and small business marketing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Hello!

There are tons of moms that are looking for things to do on the side of their full time jobs. I am with Internet CEO Moms and I just sent you a message with my website :o)

There are tons of moms on our team that work with us on the side of their full time job and they LOVE it! It is your own business so you choose your hours :o)

Good Luck in your search!
    ~Alyssa M.
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 2:54 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• HOMECAREERSUCCESS.COM has a ton of ideas.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Become a Rep with Juice Plus. Great opportunity if you enjoy helping others.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 3:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• What's your background? I tutor college students for some extra $$. 30/hr a few hours per week. I have also worked as a rep in store for a company 4 hours a day Sat/Sun ($17/hr).

I make decent money at my FT job, but I have a horse and like to have my "horse" money come out of "extra" work rather than my core income.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 3:55 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Let me tell you what works for me. I provide groups with fundraisers where they make 50% of what they sell. I provide them with colorful brochures. They do all the work. I punch in the order & the product goes striaght to the group. No delivery for me. It is that easy. My groups come back year after year. The company used to be known as Home Interiors. After 50 years in business, they mergered with Home & Garden Party to form Celebrating Home. There are always contests where you can win all kinds of prizes, trips and even cars. Right now we are in the middle of a promotion where I can win a trip to New York. In March, you can get a fundraising kit that will get you started for $99.00 or if you want to do both the fundraising & the parties, you can get a kit with product valued over $350.00 for $99.00. Feel free to ask me any questions you have or go to my site www.homeinteriors.com/ttgiffin I'll be glad to help.
    ttgiffin

Answer by ttgiffin at 4:43 PM on Mar. 8, 2011