How did your husband propose to you? Were you expecting it?

tastymama

Asked by tastymama at 2:16 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• My hubby proposed to me on Christmas Eve at his parents house. We opened presents and as we got to the last one it was an ornament for me that said "Bride and Groom". I didn't get it at first till he got on bended knee and asked me to marry him while I was holding our 2 months old son. I never expected it. We didn't talk about it. We just had a baby and I knew the right thing to do was keep my family together and say YES! We're still together 10 years later.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My hubs proposed to me at his sister's house. We went outside to get something from his car, and he said "so what do you think? You know about what we had been talking about?" and I was floored, I was not expecting him to propose right then and there. While it was not romantic, it was cute to see him nervous, evidently he was not too sure of what my answer would be.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My father was passing away and he asked that my boyfriend and I get married. So when I told my boyfriend he was more than happy to get married, so in a way I proposed to him.
    My husband liked my father and likes the fact he knows my father believed him to be a good guy who would always take care of me in return.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 2:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• We had had a baby too. She was 2 months old and we were just leaving Synagogue from her naming ceremony. He turned to me and said "The rabbi said yes he would marry us!" I was like "Wait, did you even ask ME did I want to marry you?" He said "No, but I wanted to make sure the rabbi was available 1st. I know he's your favorite rabbi. And he is, so will you marry me?" That was March 09 and we were married June 2010. I wanted us to do it on our anniversary but we couldn't have a Saturday wedding because of the whole Jewish thing.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• We just got off work on a Friday night and I was upstairs getting ready because we were meeting friends for dinner. I was walking down the stairs and said "I'm ready to go, are you ready to go?" And he said "I'm ready to go, but are you ready to marry me?" while holding the ring smiling from ear to ear......sooo cute! :)
    Peggs11

Answer by Peggs11 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• didn't expect it at all!
    we had just had our first fight, had just talked it over and out of the blue he said "will you marry me?"

I'm still shocked when I think of it.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2011