How do you occupy yourself during the day ? (FOR SAHM'S ONLY)

I usually wash clothes clean my room and get on cafemom and youtube .Now what about you ?

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 2:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I have three kids- two of them are in school full time, and one is home every other day for another year and a half. On the days that my youngest is home, we do playdates/activities, plus stuff around the house that needs to get done. On the days when all three are in school, I run my errands, do the heavy cleaning, and I'm getting a distance ed certificate so I do my own schoolwork those days too. Plus I read, jog, poke around on the internet... stuff like that!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I have no freaking idea!  My hub works a crazy shift so now for the next 6 weeks he will be at work from 8am to 8pm.  I have no idea what to do all day.  Everything is already clean.  I'm use to cleaning at night after he leaves for work because I like for it to look awesome in here when he gets off.  Now everything is done and I am so very bored!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Today I have just played with my kids and on Cafemom.  That's all I've got so far, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Clean my house, laundry, take care of 2 year old, cook lunch for hubby and 2 year old, do home work with kids when they get home, cook dinner. Lately I've been painting my dining room.I found that being a SAHM, means I've become the one who fixes stuff around here. Oh, and yes play on CM, FB and other sites.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I'm not a complete sahm because I work 2 nights a week. But that is all I work so I'm home during the day like other sahm.

I have a cleaning schedule. Today was laundry and the kids' bedrooms. During breaks I'm here.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I have three that are in school. I babysit a set of twins for a friend. They keep me busy and give me a little spending money.
    Anonymous

• Occupy myself? Really? LOL

Between cooking 3 squares, making constant snacks for my ravenous children, cleaning (you know, scrubbing little boy piss off of the bathroom walls, de-boogering the undersides of the bed, washing every surface that gets touched by grimy butt scratching fingers, scrubbing floors, sweeping, vacuuming, washing fingerprints and nose smudges off of windows, caring for the pets, picking up toys, organizing-then reorganizing, searching for stashed "for later" snacks that might draw insects, etc.), Laundry for 4 people- plus work/school clothes, tending the garden (which I am presently taking a break from, now that I am covered in dirt, sweat, and am sunburnt), and the million and one home owner maintenance tasks that have to be kept up with... Yeah, I think I'm occupied.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:33 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I am now retired.

I can not believe how easy being at home is- Yes, it can be boring, but compared with working, raising kids and doing hosuehold chores, piece of cake.

I run a lot, plus I do work on call, a couple of days a month.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• i wish i even had to "occupy" myself. i never get everything done that i want to. granted i have 3 kids under 5, two dogs (who i walk 3-7 miles a day depending on my available time), a cat and a ridiculously lazy husband.
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 2:45 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• i only get to go on the computer when i'm breastfeeding because i can't do anything else. granted it's often, but i'd rather be doing something productive
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 2:47 PM on Feb. 28, 2011