EBay sellers! When you do combined shipping on eBay as a seller, how many items are you willing to combine?

I'm a seller on eBay. I have a lady bidding on a lot of my items and wants combined shipping. I normally charge the highest shipping rate for items won, then $1.50 each additional item won in auction. How do you do it? Is that fair or am I getting ripped off?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 2:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Shopping

• I combine what I can truly fit in one package, and then when it goes over the maximum I have to charge them the base shipping charges again. I don't rip people off for shipping and I do not overcharge on shipping prices. They pay shipping for one box and nothing additional unless they fill up that one box. Once they receive the package, they will see that they were overcharged and buyers do NOT like that.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• This is dependent on many things. Location, weight of item, size of item, can they be shipped easily together. I find that they often will bid higher on a group of items that they are going to save on the shipping. Good luck.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I only use flat rate shipping boxes or envelopes, by the way.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I Craigslist.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 2:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• This is your best answer: I combine what I can truly fit in one package, and then when it goes over the maximum I have to charge them the base shipping charges again. I don't rip people off for shipping and I do not overcharge on shipping prices. They pay shipping for one box and nothing additional unless they fill up that one box. Once they receive the package, they will see that they were overcharged and buyers do NOT like that.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011