Really worried about my weight, how bad is this?

I weighed 204 before getting pregnant.... this is after gaining about 45 or more lbs after 2 children. The doc said it's best to only gain about 15 lbs this time and I already weigh 216!! I'm only 21 weeks along.... I've gained 11 lbs of it so far. My ending weight is supposed to be around 220....
What can I do? How bad is this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Maybe try not to excessively eat and avoid sugars and food with high carbs.
    Anonymous

• I would start eating healthy and drinking lots of water and walking everyday this might make you loose a couple unessasary pounds you might have gained and prohibat you from gaining a bunch more cause those last 2 months is when you pack it on, I am only supposed to gain 15 pnds too but for some reason im really not gaining any this time good luck
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I'm not excessively eating.......... and I'm not really even eating junk all the time either.... :o(
    Anonymous

• dont eat to many breads and dont drink soda! drink plenty of water and dont eat for 4 lol cause i know i did. when you feel hungry eat something like a apple orange or banana.take walks to keep in shape also
    Anonymous

• Ok did your doctor tell you anything that you could do? You can see a nutritionalitst that could help.
    Anonymous

• That's a good idea, no they didn't tell me anything....
    Anonymous

• I was 140 when I got pregnant with my son 3yrs ago. When I had my second child in dec. I weighed 200lbs!! And I got pregnant with my 3rd 3m after her. I am 8m pregnant with my 3rd and I weigh 213!! I'm so happy!! But then again I dont eat goo. I eat once a day because I just dont have the time. I dont reccomend that by the way. But I just would say forget your dr. You will be fine if you gain a few more pounds then they want just dont gain to much.
    Anonymous

• Im not saying this in a rude way but exercise lightly like go on walks ease into it but do it and eat right. You really want to try to get it under control because losing the weight will only get harder and harder. This way you'll be healthier and able to play with your children more without the exhaustion, Good luck..it;s hard to get motivated but when you do the rewards will be amazing.
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 5:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I'm def. not to the point of exhaustion, I play with my 2 year old everyday.. BUT I don't want to gain much more and I eventually want to lose about 50 lbs
    Anonymous

• You are already at high risk for maternal and fetal problems during this pregnancy due to being obese. If you continue to gain weight you take risk of Pregnancy Induced Hypertension, Diabetes, Blood Clots, Cardiac Issues, Pre Term Labor and that's only the beginning....you baby runs the risk of Low Birth Weight, Diabetes, Malnutrition, Decreased Oxygen supply and that's only the beginning....I think meeting with a nutritionist will help. Also, exercise when possible, eat healthy, drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of rest. I know you are concerned and that's a start. Take as much control of your health and weight as you possibly can....now you have another life to take care of. :O) Best wishes!!

Anonymous