What improvement(s) would you make to your home if you could afford to do it?

wishbearmom

Asked by wishbearmom at 2:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Remodel my breezeway into a family room with cathedral ceilings and sky lights.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:58 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Add more rooms! There just aren't enough.
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 2:59 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Romove ALL the carpeting & replace with wood & slate floors. Also, a hot tub in the back yard. :-)
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 3:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• A new covered/screened in back patio, and a new full length covered front porch.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Fence in the back yard, turn the back patio into a screened-in porch, expand the master bath and add a bigger tub, add a garage, add a front porch...maybe I'd just buy a new house. lol.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 3:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Add on an extra room.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Well, We could afford to paint all these awful white walls in Our House..We just aren't allwed to (We rent). But that's what We would change.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 4:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Hickory floors in daughter's bedroom and walk in closet and my bedroom and walk in closet. Gut and remodel the upstairs bathroom. Paint my bedroom walls, ceramic tile on my bathroom floor. Scrape the "popcorn" off the ceilings that still have it.
    Screen in my back deck adding an outdoor fan and lighting, get the yards (back and front) landscaped.....oh, I could go on and on and on.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Remodel both of my bathrooms (they are very old school), remodel my kitchen, add a 3 season room, paint the outside, repave the driveway, add space to my bedroom (i think that is it)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Honestly? I'd rip it down and start over. The longer we live here, the more I hate this house.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2011