How to keep a 7 month old entertained?

My 7 month old doesn't give a crap about any of his toys! I don't know what to do with him when he's awake. I stay at home with him all day and I get so bored and I think he does too. I live in FL so it's starting to get very hot outdoors again so I only take him for strolls in the evening. Anyone have any ideas how I can keep the little man happy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Letting him play in the tub, you could read a book or magazine while he is splashing around. what about playing in a baby pool or sprinkler. Let him crawl in the kitchen and play with your tupperware cupboard.

He is 7 months old, they are usually pretty easy to entertain.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 3:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• lol.. all I can think of is like dancing around , reading to him, just talk to him constantly about what you are doing when you are doing it - they usually like looking in mirrors or play pattycake or little pigs with his toes - sing songs play music - those kids fish tanks could be an idea.. My son only cried at this age all day so I guess, being bored isn't THAT bad when you think of it..lol!~ just snuggle and be mommy at this age
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I had a mirror at the end of our hall when my LO was that young. I would set up rolled up blankets for a barrier (she was only army crawling) and put toys in front of the mirror for her to play with. This is where she spent the majority of her day. She loved it there and never got bored. You could also look into story time at the local library ( my LO loved that as well).
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Read, dance around, and there's always Sesame street!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2011