Would you be offened?

If you sent out your wedding invitations 5 weeks before the wedding, asking for RSVPs 3 weeks after you sent then and the day you requested to have all the RSVPs you only have less then half back. I am trying not to be offened but it is starting to hurt my feelings, I understand that there will be people who can't come but the fact that people aren't willing to take the minute to send them back is kind of bothering me. Maybe I am just being a sensitive bride.

JLS2388

Asked by JLS2388 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Unfortunately, that happens with RSVP's. Some people just forget or they get lost in the mail. I really wouldn't worry about it. You just enjoy your big day :o)

Congratulations by the way ;o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 3:07 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I'm sorry, this would bother me too, but get used to it....People are great at being horrible guests, friends and aquaintances.
    Anonymous

• as much as its nice to know who's coming or not lots of ppl dont know RSVP is important .. i'd be hurt but i'd keep an opened mind people like to be drama queens and call or show last minute
    Dani3lla

Answer by Dani3lla at 3:10 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• See the other thing is that the invites had the choice of 2 dinner options on them so it is clear that if you want to come you have to RSVP.
    JLS2388

Comment by JLS2388 (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Frankly, if the invite wasn't electronic and it takes more than a click of a button people are less likely to respond to anything these days. Hopefully you kept a list of everyone you invited and you have their phone numbers- because that's when you start calling. If they can't give you an answer (to me) that's an automatic "no". And if they show up to the event then oops! they won't be having dinner.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:22 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• It seems to happen for alot of weddings not just yours,try not to take it personally. But, invites r supposed to go out 2-3 months before.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• dancer the wedding books say 6-4 weeks. If people will have to travel for the wedding you send out save the date cards as soon as you pick the date
    JLS2388

Comment by JLS2388 (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I had this problem,sucks, but you deal. Can you call them? I pretty much knew who was coming and who wasn't to our wedding ( from my side at least) if they are unsure, just ask what they would want to eat, just incase. (( this is why a lot of wedding planners/ books say go with buffet))
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:36 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I guess I will just have to call those who haven't RSVPed.
    JLS2388

Comment by JLS2388 (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• It might not have been enough notice for them..I'm sorry. =[ Congrats!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:48 PM on Feb. 28, 2011